A seasoned operations and sales executive with a history of increasing top-line revenue through effective sales and organizational skills.
- Small businesses from $1M – $50M
- Business owners seeking directional guidance, general business advice, and solutions to business challenges
- Businesses looking for creative sales and marketing strategies
- Organizations seeking to break out of stagnant growth
- Businesses struggling with organizational and/or operational issues
- Young leaders looking for a business mentor
Areas of Focus
- Sales, marketing planning and development
- Streamlining sales organizations
- Building effective compensation programs
- Analytical skills
- Mentoring small business CEO’s
- Business advisory boards
Don brings 40 years of sales and operational experience in the technology sector. That includes the ability to train and mentor in business development and marketing of a variety of goods and services. He started his career with IBM Corporation in the Data Processing Division, where he moved through the sales and management ranks before moving to BMC Software. There he helped their growth increase from $50 million to over $2 billion in revenue. While at BMC he was responsible of various operations in the US, Europe, Latin America, and Canada. This included expat assignment in Germany and extensive time in Brazil and Argentina. He ended his career as VP Worldwide Product sales.
Post retirement from BMC software, he began consulting for small organizations such Sirius Solutions. He sits on several advisory boards dealing with operations and business development. He has been involved in numerous non-profit boards and organizations. After losing his wife to Alzheimer’s disease (at age 62) he has become a passionate supporter of The Alzheimer’s Association of Houston and SE Texas where he has served on the board as Chairman. He has been one of the top fund raisers for the organization for the past 10 years. Additionally, Don is a sought-after speaker on “Caregiving Techniques and Challenges,”
Don has his BA from Drake University and attended Graduate School of Business there as well. Professionally he has completed, (and taught) numerous sales and development classes at both IBM Corporation and BMC Software.