© 2022 All rights reserved
CEO Roundtable members have the opportunity to present their business plans for growth, expansion, financing needs, acquisition, exit, or other pressing issues to a panel of Silver Fox Advisors. Members will receive feedback and comments on their plans during the Fox Den sessions, as well as feedback and coaching from their CEO Roundtable Advisor following their Fox Den presentation.
THE FOX DEN PROCESS
- There is no fee to the presenters for a Fox Den session.
- Plans are limited to 12 pages in length. A plan template is included on pages 6 – 9 of the Fox Den packet and presenters are asked to follow this template when constructing their business plan presentation packages. Plans should also include a one-page Executive Summary. The Fox Den presentations and discussions will be conducted in just over an hour.
- Businesses making Fox Den presentations must provide their SIC code and number of full-time equivalent employees in order to receive comparative financial data for other similar businesses.
- The plans must clearly state upfront the presenters’ purpose for coming to the Fox Den (e.g., seeking a capital injection, looking for conventional financing, positioning business for a sale, acquiring another company, expanding into a new market, relocating operation, offering a new product line or service, buying a new facility, etc.)
- Plans will be evaluated on the following elements:
- Ease of Understanding
- Critical Factors Taken into Consideration, such as:
- Market Conditions
- Company’s Abilities to Perform
- Proof of Concept
- Pay Back
- SWOT Analysis
- Time Line
- Presentation Skills
- Overall Plan
- Presentations will take place just prior to the Silver Fox Advisors’ Lunch & Learn events. The Fox Den presentations will be held at 10:00 am on the fourth Thursday of the month at The Houston Racquet Club, 10709 Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77024.
- Fox Den presentations are limited to two individuals from the business. Participating Silver Fox Advisors will include up to four panel members, a discussion facilitator, and the Advisor of the presenter’s CEO Roundtable. The CEO Roundtable Advisor will act as an observer and will not participate in the panel discussion.
- Presenters will be invited to the Lunch & Learn event as guests of the Silver Fox Advisors.
- Presentation packages, including the written plan and any power point presentation slides, are due to the Silver Fox Advisors Fox Den Chairman at least twenty (20) days prior to the Fox Den Presentation.
FOX DEN STORIES
What can 75 minutes do for you and your business? When you spend those 75 minutes surrounded with hundreds of years of wisdom it could change everything. Silver Fox Advisors are hand-picked to match your business. You, the business owner, prepare and present your business plan and your growth opportunity to the panel and in turn, you receive honest and unvarnished insight into your business and into yourself. It is during this time that every business experience, every success, every failure, every opportunity, both missed and realized in their extraordinary careers is shared with you. So, what is the cost for these 75 minutes? Free! What is the benefit? Incalculable!
My experience with the Fox Den was INVALUABLE! Where else can you get 4-5 industry veterans to not only comment on your pitch but also provide guidance and potential solutions?
The entire Fox Den program was well organized and helpful. Even preparing the information and application brought clarity to the issue I was presenting and it better prepared me for the review. It was exciting to experience the benefit of the decades of corporate leadership and business experience possessed by the Fox Den panel. It was obvious much time was invested in the review of my business plan and how willing they were to be of assistance. Their questions were insightful and the recommendations very beneficial.
I seized the opportunity as a CEO Round Table member to present a business plan to a panel of Silver Fox Advisors through their Fox Den program. I found the panel of advisors were strategically selected to be a strong fit for Bocci Engineering & Construction. While it was hard work and time consuming to prepare, I certainly came away with far more than I expected. Each panel member had thoroughly reviewed my submittal and came ready with questions and empowering suggestions and feedback. Their insights and offers for continued business consulting support are valuable and timely, in support of growing Bocci Engineering nationally. I highly recommend the Fox Den to business owners seeking real and practical business advice from experienced business owners and consultants.
Thank you to the Silver Fox Advisors Fox Den group for the opportunity to present Caliber’s business plan to such a professional, intelligent, experienced group of business people. I appreciate the time that was devoted to thoroughly read the plan in preparation for the meeting with me. Your feedback such as improving in the areas of technical services, identifying an operations manager and defining roles and responsibilities were enlightening and helpful. I have heeded this advice and begun to implement these suggestions. I am honored to have been given the opportunity to present to your group.
The Fox Den was definitely the most intensive advisory exercise that I've ever experienced. The assembled panel of Silver Fox Advisors conducted a thorough review and provided valuable feedback on our business plan. In particular, the feedback received on our marketing plan and financials will help us refine our business plan and improve our business.